Below is a list of the NTBC events for this year. All County competitions are held at
Nottingham Bridge Club, 401 Mansfield Road, Sherwood, Nottingham unless stated otherwise.
Follow this link for the full NTBC Events Calendar including County Night Competitions and County Matches.
Green Pointed Swiss Weekend
This event will be held at the East Midlands Bridge Centre, The Old School, Chapel Street, Spondon, Derby.
Entry fees are £42 per pair and £80 per team respectively – Juniors (U25) half price.
- Both events comprise 7×7 Board Matches. Level 3 conventions only.
- Green Points awarded to EBU scales (¼ point per match won or drawn plus ranking awards).
- [Holders: Pairs – Julia Staniforth & Barbara Boaler; Teams – Don Smedley, John Griffin, Alex Hogg & Peter Kelly]
- Saturday & Sunday, July 19th & 20th at 1.00pm
NTBC Swiss Pairs Championship
- A one-day pairs competition in which each pair plays 6 board matches against 7 other pairs (with pairs scoring), the opponents being chosen as those wih similar current ranking.
- [Holders: Gordon Fullerton & Robert Northage]
- Date: September TBC
Anniversary Teams (NTBC Open Invitation Event)
- A one-day multiple-teams event to which other Midlands counties are invited to send teams to compete with NTBC teams.
- [Holders: Irene & John Auld, Tony Marshall & Brian Chamberlain]
- Date: October TBC
Swiss Teams Championship
- A one-day teams competition in which each team plays 6 board matches against 7 other teams (with teams scoring), the opponents being chosen as those with similar current ranking.
- [Holders: David & Joan Burgess, Gordon Fullerton & Robert Northage]
- Date: December TBC
Mixed Pairs Championship
- A one-day pairs competition for mixed pairs. The leading three Nottinghamshire pairs are invited to represent Nottinghamshire in the Midlands Mixed Pairs Competition.
- [Holders: John & Irene Auld]
- Date: January TBC
Teams of 4 Knock-Out Championship Heat
- The premier teams championship of the NTBC. It consists of a one-day multiple teams event from which the leading teams progress to a Knock-Out competition. The winners of this Knock-Out, if their principal county is Notts, represent the NTBC in the Pachabo Cup.
- Date: January TBC
- [Holders: Keith Rodgers, Lloyd Eagling, John & Irene Auld, Jackie Parsons (who also hold the Pachabo Cup)]
The Journal Cup
- The premier pairs event of the NTBC. It is a one-day pairs event. The leading Nottinghamshire pairs represent Nottinghamshire in the Corwen Trophy.
- [Holders: Willie Crook & Tony Sowter]
- Date: April TBC
Club Pairs Championship
- This event commences with heats in all the principal Nottinghamshire Bridge clubs. The leading pairs from each heat are invited to play in this one-session final.
- [Holders: Eleanor Gauntley & Catherine Waldron]
- Date: April/May TBC